Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Winning the lottery...


Yes, Henry has been on a roll lately, winning the 50/50 at Chiefs hockey ($40) and winning on some of the scratch and win tickets given to him last summer in anticipation of his 40th birthday (coming up quickly on February 16). These scratch and win tickets have been on his night table for months (can you tell we never buy these things?).

We were cleaning up and moving around our bedroom furniture last night when Henry decides to give me all the winning tickets…woo hoo! $28 dollars worth for me to do with as I like! I think I’ll save it for groceries, as Henry is being temporarily laid off work next week.

Henry has a decidedly different opinion on Loto tickets, however. Although he is too lazy to take the tickets to the store to see if they winners, he isn’t above telling me that if they are winners, he is not going to share with me (sounds like the Woodstock lottery winner, Sobeski ~ the guy sat on his winning 30 million dollar ticket for almost a year while he divorced his wife and tied other loose ends up). Of course, Henry said this just to get a rise out of me…

Well, he won’t be laughing when I claim the millions and sit on it until he grovels…and grovels…

Oh, I can ‘Just imagine’…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty scary that Henry and Don are this much alike .... as we still have a lottery ticket given to Don from Henry from christmas 2004 !!! (is an $8.00 winner and still sits on our headboard waiting patiently for someone to cash her in !!!!)
Have a good one

Shelley