Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lucky day?

I did not post to the blog this morning because, well, I didn't want to jinx what might turn out to be my lucky day.

It seems the second time is the charm for sending in my resume to the organization that I want to work for when I am done my schooling.

I sent my resume in last week. They received it yesterday, called, and left me a message on my answering machine yesterday afternoon.

Before I could return their call this morning, they called before 9 a.m to "expedite" things and request my presence for an interview THIS AFTERNOON!

I calmly said, "Yes, I can be there."

After hanging up the phone, I just about sank to my knees. Wait a minute...I did sink to my knees. I phoned Henry (and everyone else I could get ahold of) to tell him the good news and spent the next three hours showering, making the all-important 'what do I wear' decision, fixing my hair and makeup 'just so', and researching online all the information about the organization I could possibly retain and pull out at the interview.

You would think raising two children, and having a miriad of other jobs over the years would prepare me for an honest to goodness "work" interview. I tried to portray a vision of calmness. I clasped my sweaty hands on my lap and focused quite well considering. If I read between the lines properly...I think the interview went very well. However, emotions run pretty high, and I tend to look through rose colored glasses to begin with! Hopefully, I will obtain my dream job out of this interview. The only 'glitch' to this, is that it may come along sooner than later. I may have a job and my intense schooling overlap for the next three months. Oh well...this is what I want, and I'm quite willing to push the proverbial envelope to achieve it!

I was shaking then...and I'm still shaking now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!

I love it when wonderful things happen to wonderful people!

Best of luck to you - but my gut feeling is that its in the bag

-Joanna
xo

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck Mrs Roefs !!!! couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving person. Fingers are all crossed in the Brekelmans Household!!!!!!


Shelley