Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Monday, January 02, 2006

Relaxing...

This is what I have been up to for the last few days.

I have a problem...I know.

Henry can not roll his eyes at me anymore. He found the Sudoku Challenge in the Toronto newspapers and loved completing these puzzles (numerical challenges are right up his alley ~ I prefer building roller coasters, making an amusement park financially feasable and beating each park criteria. After my computer mishap, I am starting back at square one!)


However, just before Christmas, I found a computer game with over 10,000 sudoku puzzles. Enough to keep him out of my hair for awhile over the holidays, or so I thought! You see, my plan backfired a little. I had to load the software on my computer (as Henry's is ancient and would probably blow up if it sensed it had to do any work). Techie Henry decided that these puzzles are way better to solve sitting at my computer than printing them out on paper! Damn! There goes playing MY roller coaster. He actually had enough nerve the other night to say that I needed a break from my computer. (irritating when he is right) He is as obsessed with his game, as I am with mine!


p.s. Michael's team went on the championship game at the Bell Challenge Cup last week. They played the Toronto Marlies. The game was close...Michael was in net, but succumbed to a 2-1 loss.

They may face this team again in the Silver Stick in Port Huron Michigan in a couple of weeks! Their training program has been stepped up a notch!

Lots of pressure for this age, but they seem to be handling it well so far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I have to comment on this posting. I keep reading to get an update from you guys. But Gillian please no more posting about addicting games. I took it upon myself to google - Sudoku Challenge,I couldn't sleep and thats when I got a taste. But I do feel it necessary to help you out and free up your computer so I can get more updates on you and the chiefs site. There is a site that will give a sudoku challenge daily and you just print them off. (2 hours this morning working on todays). I know I'm not very bright but how long should one of these take. Anyway thanks for the new addiction and see you at hockey tonight. Laura (THE HOPEYS)

Gillian said...

Oh, Laura...so glad I could contribute to someone elses' addiction! Henry finds that the computer version is much faster, as you can put down 'possibilities' to finish the puzzle more quickly.

Some of these games are addictive, aren't they?

Thanks for commenting!