Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Thursday, October 13, 2005

powerskating


Somedays I wonder what kind of mother I am, that I make Michael and Jenny get out of bed any earlier than they absolutely have to.

Those of you that know our family know that we like our sleep. So having to be at the arena for 7:45 on Thursday mornings (when we are normally listening to our alarms going off) is a challenge for us (OK...me and Jenny more than Michael).

These feelings of guilt wear off when I am at the arena and see Michael and Jenny tearing after each other and their friends (the Rizzo boys, shown here, are dynamoes on ice!). Obviously, I think to myself, that other parents raise their children out of bed to do the same thing...so I can't be that bad! I can't complain, as my friend Karin drives in from out of town and then has to tie up four sets of skates before ice time!

Now it helps that the instructors (Penny and Boo) always have a smile and an encouraging attitude that seems to make the children want to skate faster and faster. Of course, not minding the small children throwing 'snow' from the ice at their backs, helps keep the little ones active and on their toes!

I did take a picture of Penny today (I even had the camera set for 'moving targets')...but Penny must have been moving too fast for my camera to keep up! Not to worry, I will try to capture them both next week!

Big weekend coming up, with the Chiefs playing London on Saturday (all of Michael's sponsors will be there to watch), and Jenny's first hockey game in Ingersoll on Sunday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gillian !!!!!!!
Penny & Boo
P.S. - Keep up the WONDERFUL JOB you are doing to this website.

Anonymous said...

Awesome website Gillian!

Thanks for including the boys pictures.

Ange