Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Monday, October 03, 2005

And on the seventh day...she rested

And on the seventh day…she rested. Well, kind of.

The powers that be work in mysterious ways. Yesterday, there were many signs that indicated that I should have a day of rest.

It all started in the morning…it was my turn to sleep in and Henry’s turn to take Jenny to hockey practice. Went swimmingly until I finished a book I had been reading and thought to check my schoolwork schedule. Ooops…Assignment 1 due at the end of the day. Almost complete, I wasn’t worried. However, I wanted to go watch Henry play hockey at 12:45 and we had to leave for Windsor at 3:00.

I finished my assignment and raced upstairs to hop in the van for the fifteen-minute drive to the arena.

Jennnnnnny….where are my keys??????

“Don’t know, Mom. Aren’t they hanging on the hook?”

Gee…let me see…if I am the only one in this household that REALLY looks for missing items…WOULD I BE ASKING IF THEY WERE THERE????

Flash back to last image of said keys. (I had them in the house after returning home from the ball game the night before). Therefore, I knew (OK…95% certainty) that Henry or the children had used my keys and not returned them.

After looking for the keys for over a half hour…I gave up. To heck with it! Enough of hockey (it is only the beginning of October, Gillian). Grumble…grumble.
Jenny is happily playing after a ten second look for the keys (she’s thinking…yay…one less hockey game today!)

Henry and Michael show up after 3 (when did I say we had to leave for Windsor?), but their bellies were full from the sandwiches and refreshments offered at a hockey players’ house.

Henry seems perplexed by the whole key missing situation. “I might have used them this morning…I don’t remember.”

Never mind, hop in the van…Henry insists on taking Bailey…let’s go…we’re going to be late! Darn…forgot to set the VCR for Extreme House Makeover and Desperate Housewives.

Stop on the way to get Jenny and I subs for later. Arrive in Windsor a little late. Keep an eagle eye on our only set of keys.

Henry has the brilliant idea of putting the sub under the front seat…I eye Bailey with knowing eyes (as it is my sub that is left, because, you guessed it, I was driving while they all slept) and just KNOW she will find a way to eat my dinner.

Sure enough, Bailey does not like green peppers. She does however, like turkey on whole wheat. She is such a health conscious dog. She did not throw the wrapper in the garbage though. It was left in plain view on the front seat.

Glare daggers at a smirking Henry and we are off for the long silent ride home, save for the occasional giggles from the back.


Bailey, sleeping off the sub
Once arriving home, the garbage and recycles were done by Michael and Jenny, while Henry and I looked for keys again.

Still no luck.

Henry calls this morning from work. Honey…got a ride with Joe, please check my truck for our hardhats. Guess what? No key to get into Henry’s truck! Soooooo sorry, sweetie. Checked at the arena for my keys.


Turning my computer on this morning, I thought of one of Henry’s suggestions and checked in Jenny’s hockey bag. VOILA!

So although I didn’t do much physical activity yesterday, it was full of mental ‘hopping’ and giggling!

I am so happy to have my keys back!












1 comment:

Gillian said...

due to some unwanted spam comments on my blog today...I will be setting up a word verification to prevent automated systems from leaving advertisements and such spam on my blog.
Family and friends (that actually know us); just follow the instructions ("type the characters you see in the picture above") on the screen to get through to the screen to leave your comment.
Hopefully this will work, Thanks, Gillian