Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

bring it on...

Bring it on…the snow that is!

Do I really want it to snow? Of course not…but when it does, this year the Roefs will be better prepared.

Henry and I have been snow blower comparison-shopping for a few weeks now. We finally made our choice and purchased our new piece of equipment yesterday.

I, for one, am very glad of this purchase. Every year, my body (and mental status) seems to be weaker with each driveway clearing. One particular snowfall last winter kept me shoveling for about two hours (Henry was working out of town and not coming home for the week). My back muscles let me know the next day that they were not pleased with me. There is nothing worse than the extra-heavy snow at the bottom of the driveway after the plow goes by. Michael and Jenny help the best that they can, but they can only lift so much. Once the shoveling is done, they find great joy in tunneling and shoving each other on the snow banks that end up…you guessed it, back on the driveway!

There is a good possibility that Henry will be working out of town again for a portion of the winter. This is one of the reasons we purchased the snow blower. I believe another of the reasons that Henry bought the snow blower was to save on bail money. I think Henry thinks that I was going to bodily harm our neighbor down the street when he did not come and help me dig out of my driveway last winter with his snow blower. I’ll be sure to wave at this neighbor if his breaks down this season!

Henry (of course) has already examined every inch of this machine and shown all of us how to use it. The children are very excited…I’m sure the novelty will wear off after the fifth blizzard!

Michael knows what’s in store for him this winter…


Jenny thinks she’s driving the Indy 500…


Henry showing us how it works….

No comments: