Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Party Time






Chiefs Sponsor Day went swimmingly. We beat the London Jr. Knights 3 – 1. One of Michael’s sponsors (Ken and Judy Shearon, owners of SHURR Electronics in Ingersoll) came out to watch the game and attend the dance afterwards.

Poor Judy (who does not like Jello) succumbed to peer pressure and downed a grape jello shooter with the rest of the Chiefs’ women at the table. After that, she stuck to her mixed drinks and could not be persuaded to have any more shooters. After the two that I forced down, I can’t say that I blame her!

The taco bar lived up to its’ reputation and our team cleaned up on the door prizes. I won and was able to choose a mini-stick from the prize table. This matched the previous mini-stick prize I had just claimed for line dancing! Michael and Jenny were extremely happy with my winnings!

Our team parents and the sponsors in attendance enjoyed themselves immensely. Many of the pictures show our coaches’ wife, Terri dancing up a storm. Never to be outdone, the goalie moms held our own!


Here is Coach Darren and his girlfriend, Kim…Darren roved the silent auction tables until the last minute to secure his bid for the video camera. With my digital camera, I capture essential player and parent ‘team building moments’…he is going to back me up with video! I like the way he thinks!


I think this will be another fun year with the Chiefs hockey team…

2 comments:

megan said...

You hockey moms are quite the breed!

Gillian said...

just because you have two girls does not mean this title will not apply to you in the near future, Megan! You would fit into our 'breed' quite nicely! Especially Michael's team, as they love to party!