Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Friday, November 18, 2005

a sure sign of winter

When I was pregnant with Michael, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Yes, I was ecstatic to be pregnant, and ended up having wonderful pregnancies, but the bonus with Michael was that I was always warm!

Michael seemed to have Henry's warm-blooded gene's from the get-go. I did not have to wear a winter coat that season when I was expecting our first born. I loved it!

Back to reality and bundling up for me.

How do I know that winter is upon us?

I send Michael out to do the BBQing, and see him putting on his slippers (he picked these out himself!), his mitts, his hat, and his sweater! Yikes...must be cold outside! I'm so glad that he is going outside instead of me!

If it was me outside, I would stand shivering by the BBQ trying to absorb some of its' warmth. I think therein that is my problem.

Michael proactively uses the trampoline to keep warm while waiting for the chicken to cook.

Those bears sure can jump high!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello to my favourite Roefs family!!! i haven't been on here in awhile so thought i should have a quick look while i had the chance!! good to see that michael and jenny had a blast trick or treating and i feel for you aunt gillian...they don't even really celebrate it over here!!! HOW HORRIBLE IS THAT?!!? jenny i'm happy to see that you had such a successful birthday party and did a good job of doing all the things i did as a kid at other girls bday parties!!! oh and aunt gillian...give up on uncle henry staying awake...he's way too much like Opa for that!!! as for the cold BBQing...want to send a BBQ over here cause it's spring/summer and i would love to be outside BBQing!!! miss you all lots...it doesn't feel a thing like christmas over here...was just camping at the beach on the weekend! it's weird!! lots of love xoxoxxo godmommy julie

Anonymous said...

here's another sign of winter...if you look across the street you can see your neighbour scowling every time she has to leave the house...

Anonymous said...

How dare you use my godson as a chef cuisinair. Tell him to get his butt over yonder and cook for his favourite godmother !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick comment about Michael's slippers.
Henry wears an identical pair at work.