Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I think I'm back...

O.K....I'm sure everyone has been wondering where I've been for the last week?

Unfortunately, I have not been to Hawaii or anywhere warm (unless you count sitting in front of the wood stove watching the blank screen of my computer).

You see, darling son of ours (I am 99% certain of this 'blame' percentage) went on the Internet to find cheat codes for a computer game of his. Getting this code not only progressed him to the next level of his game, it also attached itself in the form of spyware trojan virus to my tower. Automatic warning windows were popping up left right and center instead of my Goggle home page...pretty scary stuff!

I immediately unplugged the phone jack and tried unsuccessfully for about eight hours to get rid of this nasty bug.

Not sure if I had succeeded, I sent it in to get looked at. I expected my technical savvy to have fixed most of the problem so that the computer techie would spend less than an hour on it and return it right back to me!

Two days later, he leaves a message on my answering machine that 'we have to talk'. This did not look promising!

It seems even the techie could not remove this villian without 'wiping and reformatting' my tower. Hence being unable to accomplish absolutely ANYTHING this last week. It was the longest week of my life.

I have to admit to myself now...I can no longer deny it...I can not live (properly) without my computer (and my precious blogs!). That said, I still only have the basics (operating system, dial-up connection and part of my virus protection back on the computer). This is the first thing I'm doing. Next, I have to make sure Norton is secure, my Ad-Aware is ready, load Word, reinstall my college FRED, finish one assignment, get extensions for the two due tomorrow, install my camera software, and check my email (I do not even want to think about how long that will take to come in...). Then I have three assignments to complete in a couple of days and major other *&%$ stuff to do!

Just a little stressed right now...will be much better after a good night's sleep and I settle all this computer mumbo jumbo.

I love my husband dearly, but at this moment in my life, I do not require ice and freezing capabilities. I wish I could wave a wand (yes, we went to see Harry Potter today) and turn him into a computer geek that could fix all my computer problems instantly!

You have to believe me when I say that I missed you all probably more than you missed me!

It is good to be back...and yes, Michael is out of the doghouse at this moment in time.

No comments: