Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Friday, November 04, 2005

Closed for the season


'Closed for the season' means different things to different people.

I was reading my friend Megan's blog this morning. Her title for today's blog is "closed for the season". Hers refers to the closing of their family pool.

However, after reading the title, my brain took me in a completely different direction. I was not expecting to read about the closing of a pool. None of my family will be surprised at what I expected this story to be about. Even at nine o'clock in the morning, I immediately thought of ice cream.

You see, this is the time of year that all Dairy Queens are being closed for the season. (Except,
of course, the miniscule few that remain open year round - I know of a few if you're interested)


It is sad really, that to everything there is a season. However, this only makes you look forward to the reopening!

Speaking of 'to everything there is a season', I am nearing the end of my library studies at Mohawk. I have only a few courses and my Field Work terms to complete. Even though this is exciting and I am looking forward to achieving my goal of working in a school library, I always have a backup plan.

Here it is...

No comments: