Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Monday, February 13, 2006

pools of water

It might take me a little while...but I learn fast.

A little girl from junior kindergarten wanted to take out a Franklin book this morning. Unfortunately, she had not returned last week's school library book.

When I told her this...without a word of a lie...her eyes filled with pools of tears. She just stood there looking at me as if I had just told her that her pet had died!


I quickly told her that I would save the book for her return to the library on Wednesday.

Her lower lips were quivering too much to tell me her name, so the note paperclipped to the book just mentions the little JK girl that reminded me of Puss N' Boots from Shrek...





Phew...life is really rough at this age (i.e. hers AND mine!)

3 comments:

megan said...

You are so mean! What? Do they teach you that in Library school???

Anonymous said...

Do you wear a black full length cape & a black pointed hat to work?

On the brighter side, I'm lookin forward to Thursday's "birthday blog" pictures.....
Will Kate, Tammy, & you stay up all night drinkin with the birthday boy like you did last October?
Let me know if you need help drinkin the Whiskey!

Gillian said...

Ah, yes...birthday boy will be the big 40 on Thursday...guess I'd better plan something!

And no...I am not a mean witch...I just about cried along with her! She still has to bring her book back though.