Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Friday, September 30, 2005

Setting the Pace


Gillian, Sue, Colin, Henry, Michael, Andrew, Ben, Jenny


Yesterday, we had yet another fun day. I feel it is time to start pacing ourselves (as we do when we run…)…otherwise I am going to spend much of this winter hibernating.

Driving to Sarnia in the fall is one of my favorite things to do…not because there is so much to see (NOT) on the 402, but because fall is my favorite time of the year and the tree leaves are so beautiful to see. However, only a few are changing now, as the season is still in its’ early beginnings.

Once I dropped Michael and Henry off at the arena, Jenny and I went to the Mall to choose flowers for Nana’s resting place. Fall colors are a must!



I know it is early in the season when we have time to get flowers, get a coffee, and arrive at the cemetery without having to break out the flashlights to find our way to Nana! Low and behold, Jenny and I had ample time to change the flowers and catch Nana up on things (by the way…she approves highly of my blog!) My mother, she devoted herself to writing in a journal everyday from the time she was eighteen to the week she passed away). I must admit, I think of her every time I write my online journal. She would be amazed at the pictures that could be included (and those that should probably be excluded…I can just hear her now… “Oh, Gillian!”) I covet those journals of hers that I now spend time reading leisurely.

Jenny and I returned to the arena for Michael’s game and found the area busy with activity. A hurricane relief concert had been arranged for the evening on the large ice surface.

Colin, Sue and Andrew and Ben came to watch Michael play. We then went upstairs to Kelseys so that they could eat supper. (Of course, Henry and Michael had short term memory loss and conveniently forgot they had eaten this meal, and ordered supper themselves!)

We had a lovely visit and listened to the concert going on in the background.

Setting the pace is quite hard when everyone is having fun and not wanting to leave. However, with school the next morning for the children…and thinking fast-forward to the 6 a.m. hockey practice for Jenny on Saturday morning…it was time to rein things in.

I drove home while everyone slept (this is a common occurrence in our van). Seems everyone is well rested today except for me (can you say ‘toothpicks’?)

Linda McCauley dropped some of Michael’s things off this morning at 7:30, saw me in my jammies and said, ‘Did I get you out of bed?”. Why is it, when anyone asks me this question, I DO NOT HESITATE TO LIE? Bad, Bad…although, I can hear my mother laughing! Now that I think about it…for years, Mom would call upstairs to my bedroom, “Gillian, are you up yet?”
What do you think I automatically said?

mmmm…I guess I haven’t changed much?

Still like to sleep, still like to socialize…must pace myself!

A reminder to those that read the blog...I would really like to hear comments. Anyone can comment...Just click on the comment at the bottom right of my posting that you are reading.
A window will pop up and you can type a message to me or anyone else commenting. Click the radio button below your typed message that says "Other", and then type your name in the box below. Click on 'publish' button. Now everyone will be able to read each other's comments. It's fun to do and easy to keep in touch that way! (That, and I feel better knowing my effort is being appreciated just a little!)

p.s. This is what Henry looks like when he is not working. Hair just cut...lookin' good (with his 'other' woman, and, of course, food).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally someone that makes the dog look good.
We're gonna have to try & get a picture of Henry at work, working.....

Anonymous said...

Jill...I read your blog everyday now. It's one of 2 "must do" items on my list when I'm at the computer. The other is go to www.whereswilly.com and see where my $ has been.

Gillian said...

Believe me,Bill, Henry's dirty work clothes in the laundry are my 'picture'...however, I might be able to dig one up somewhere!

Glad I'm on your 'must do' list, Jim...wait a minute...that didn't sound right!