Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Thursday, September 22, 2005

the beginning


Welcome everyone to my new blog site! This site is a combination of an online journal and general 'what's goin' on where' for our family and friends. Comments are always fun to write and read..so please feel free to add your two cents to my daily (or whenever) musings!

I think I have finally figured everything out for my blogging site. It took awhile (OK...a long while) to figure out how to resize my photo to get it small enough for the profile...and then figure out how to actually move it into the profile area to the left of the screen. Many coffees and a few panicky emails to Megan later...if you are reading this, I was successful in creating the page! Although I try very hard to stay in touch with all of you...this way you can see what our family is up to and comment whenever you feel neglected (or in most cases ~ extremely loved)!

I think this blog page is a terrific idea and I hope all of you like it. Please feel free to send in comments or suggestions and I will do my best to respond.

As I have spent the last two days figuring out this site...I really have to spend the rest of my time on my assignments that seem to be coming at me faster than usual! (probably because I am spending so much time blogging!)

P.S. please send comments as my instructor will count them towards my Assignment 2 (create a blog account) mark!

For those of you that haven't seen me in awhile...and may not, due to school work and hockey...


10 comments:

Gillian said...

Wow, don't worry...I won't be using red again (I know it is hard to read)
Gillian

megan said...

Great job Gillian, you did it. Are those gunnia pigs still available, my kids want them.

Anonymous said...

Oh great...as if I wasn't wasting enough work time looking at Megan's site! Although, I should have the least trouble keeping tabs on you, I think this will be great to hear about you and your numerous activities!
Joanna

Gillian said...

No, Megan, the guinea pigs have already moved into another home. As you said, it is nice to get baby ones and watch them grow. You can get smooth haired or fluffy ones. They are social creatures so it is best to get two or more to keep each other company.

Anonymous said...

yes, we still have our two guinea pigs (Speedy and Cookie) for those of you that are wondering...we were trying to set Megan up with another family that were getting rid of their guinea pigs!

Anonymous said...

those of you wanting to comment...write your message in the box...choose 'other' or 'anonymous'radio buttons...type in your name in the 'name' field that appears...then click on the 'publish your comment' button. The 'blogger' identity is only to be used if you already have a blog set up with blogger.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Jillian! It looks great. I just want to take this time to thank you for your hospitality and organizing The Roefs Amazing Race this past weekend. I had a lot of fun and the weather was just fantastic. Megan did a great job writing up the fun we all had on her blog site.

Have fun with your blog site. For another fun thing to do with your computer when you're sitting in front of it and you have time is to watch where your $ goes. www.whereswilly.com

Jim

Wendy said...

Hey,
Great job. ... it's really not too hard once you get the hang of it. I find it great for sharing pictures (www.wendyjansen.blogspot.com).

I'm assuming that Michael made the hockey team then?
Wendy

Anonymous said...

hey gillian, great job on blog. thanks for taking the boys yesterday after the game. nice shut out yesterday by michael. best of luck to us the rest of the weekend. see ya around the rink
jenn

Anonymous said...

Gillian this is an awesome site.I just logged on and wow wee I see u and the whole clan and they r looking great !! Your site is well constructed and Fareena and myself will be keeping posted to the new news in life !!

Lou & Fareena,Kurtis & Amanda