Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

brothers and sisters


I consider myself a very lucky girl. I have two older brothers that dote on me…and I love it! The highlight of my day today was having lunch at the Flying J with my oldest brother, Mike.

He is a truck driver for Challenger Motor Freight.


When we were younger, I idolized him from afar (he was the one with the car and the freedom as he is ten years older than I). I remember Mike and Colin taking me places with them (I coveted these moments – they might have thought differently!) like the local swimming complex or just on routine errands. Colin, being eight years older than I, also looked out for me and every year took me trick or treating. Oh what fun for me…someone who could keep up with me (of course, the wineskin Colin brought along may have helped him with the merriment part)! We covered soooo many houses in such a short amount of time. Thank you, my dear brothers for giving me really good memories (we won’t mention the time that Colin locked me in the wardrobe because we couldn’t agree on what television program to watch when Mom and Dad left us to go out somewhere).

Today, I still idolize my brothers…I love getting together for visits; even though visits don’t sometimes happen often enough.

This week, I am extremely lucky…I get to see both Mike and Colin.

Today, Mike and I spent lunch together talking about anything and everything. Catching up on life and planning future times together is what it’s all about, folks!

Tomorrow, I will see Colin (and Sue and the boys), and catch up on the important things happening in their life (at this moment, the house renovation that is starting this week). Hopefully, I will be able to snag a few pictures before it gets too dark outside.

Life is good, brothers make it better…

No comments: