Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Monday, May 08, 2006

'Remembering Mother's' luncheon

There are a group of women that I get together with every year on the Saturday before Mother's Day.

Our group is special in the fact that we are all daughters of deceased mothers. We get together to remember our mother's so that Mother's Day is a little more emotionally focused.

This year, we gathered at Cathy's. Her home is out in the country and comes complete with peacocks (including an unusual white one!)

Here is the group of us, minus the few that were unable to make it this year...


What is a group of women getting together for an afternoon of bonding without fabulous food???


Scrapbooking photos of our Mothers' was on the agenda for this year.

Here we are gluing, cutting, and reminiscing about our wonderful mothers...


Of course, everyone else's page looked professionallydone. Mine...well, I had more glue on my fingers than the photos (my mother's creative genes skipped a generation). And, of course, I was too scared to cut or trim my photos (in this...I take after my mother!)

Katie, my niece, takes after my mother (her Nana) and is very artistic...hence, her photography and her scrapbooking page looks fabulous...

It is always a beautiful day that we share. It let's us all relax and enjoy Mother's Day just that little bit more, instead of being sad that our Mother's aren't with us any more.

My mother would have loved this group of women...I'm glad in a roundabout way that she is one of them.

My Mom (and Dad) with Michael...

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

No comments: