Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It shouldn't amaze me, but it does...

I sometimes forget how friends have the ability to surprise me.

You all know that if you have kids...you endure fundraising.

There are two choices to fundraising...

1. hit up everyone you know over and over again
*however, you must be prepared to open that door when those who bought, come fundraising back

2. buy enough to not look cheap, fill your freezer/eat the junk/gain weight and quietly lament this fundraising era.

Our family 9 times out of 10 opted for choice number 2.

Henry couldn't exactly take all of this paperwork to the construction site, I was at home for the majority of this era (pets aren't very good paying customers), and Henry and I are the youngest on both sides of the family so nobody was interested in buying what we were selling. (I also HATED asking for anyone to buy something from us)

So it happens that Michael's hockey team is selling Elmira Poultry products for fundraising this year. Now, I know from past experience those around us that actually buy and like this product.
So I happened to mention it to a few people...

What amazes me (and it shouldn't), is that my friend Julie (see below) 'kidnapped' the sheet and took it with her to coffee last Sunday after mass, while I went to Sarnia to watch Michael play hockey. The generosity of our friends overwhelmed me when we got home to find the envelope filled with all kinds of orders! (Maybe going to church wasn't such a bad idea after all? God does reward in mysterious ways!)

Of course, having friends like this is worth more than anything (yes, they are quite funny, even when they're not drinking). A heartfelt thank you to all of you that covets Elmira Poultry and is willing to shell out the money for it.

I couldn't find pictures of everyone right away (y'all KNOW how many pictures I have stored by date in my computer????)

Thanks again, guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll comment. One of us should really thank you for the nice write-up you did for us.

:)

Jim

Gillian said...

you're welcome...only the best for my friends!