Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Saturday, September 15, 2007

An Ideal Husband

Henry is great and all...but no, I'm not talking about him in this instance. I went to Stratford last night for my annual indulgence in partaking of the arts. Henry bids me "adieu" with great fanfare which included hopping in his truck and getting out of Dodge faster than I could say well, "ideal husband".

The play, by Oscar Wilde, is called "An Ideal Husband". It is a comedy that I found absolutely entertaining. The costumes were gorgeous, the actors brilliant, and the dialogue witty and 'laugh-out-loud' funny. For more info on the play, along with photos and review, go to A n E Vibe

Michael is in the Golden Blade hockey tournament in Sarnia this weekend, so the boys were more than happy to call Jenny and I with long distance updates (they are winning their games by blowouts 12-1, 27-0). The last time Henry phoned me, they were having a beer by the campfire (they are camping at Ferguson's - thank you for your hospitality guys!) They spent the afternoon between games at Gilmore's cottage...life is very rough for my boys. Jenny had her own hockey Friday and today. She played in Stratford this afternoon at the new arena. What a beautiful facililty! The chairs were nice and comfy! Jenny played awesome and the team skated strong to pull away with the win 6 - 3. Still just exhibition games...but I think they will have a good year.

Oh yeah, she DID look really good in all her new goalie gear.

And that fridge and stove is going to look REALLY good in my kitchen. (gotta laugh-hard- with the new Home Depot commercial The husband opens the door to a deliveryman with a delivery for "Furniture". The husband looks over at his wife, and she casually whips out a portable tape recorder and plays (something like) "Honey, if I get these golf clubs, you can have anything you want!"

The look on his face right before he signs the delivery order is PRICELESS.)

No comments: