Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Friday, December 09, 2005

my home...

This disaster zone of a desk has been my home for the past three days. I tell you, the end of a school term bites!

Today, I moved from this chair to add wood to the woodstove, go pee, and make coffee. To that end, I completed my last Mohawk assignment of the year. It was a ten page doozey with 3 attachments. On a positive note, I completed it ahead of the midnight deadline! Then again, I got up with birds at the crack of dawn this morning (much to Henry's delight ~ he always complains that we never get up when he does for work).

Now I can fully throw myself into the Christmas preparations with gusto!

  • Baking
  • Letter writing (I think I'll avoid my desk for a few hours at least!)
  • Digging out from the housework I've let slide all week (Yuk!)
  • Gift wrapping
  • A little more shopping
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon (leave me alone!)
  • Reading romance novels (my overworked brain needs fluff right now!)
  • Watching the past three week tapes of Lost and other shows I have missed
  • Chasing Henry around the house (and not with a fry pan!)
  • Hugging my children (and actually meaning it)
  • Visiting with friends and having coffee (o.k., I didn't really stop doing this one...)
  • Going to the movies on a 'date night' with Henry
  • More baking...

Ah, yes, I have only five "free" days in December that do not involve hockey....hmmmm

No comments: