Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

junior girls volleyball

Yesterday, Jenny and her school participated in the junior girls volleyball tournament. They played very well, winning two of the four games. The other games had very close margins.

Each year, (time for Mom to brag) Jenny just gets better and better in her ability to play this game. I can just imagine both Godmother’s perking up at this and getting ready to claim credit! However, it must be said that I (yes, I) was quite the volleyball player in my day. Henry claims Jenny gets her volleyball skills from him. Well, this girl just can’t go wrong, now, can she?

Now that I think about it, Henry and I met playing basketball/volleyball. However, I digress…that is another story…
O.K., novel in itself for another time!

After having attended this tournament last year, I (unlike the other mothers) was prepared for the shrilling, shrieking, high-pitched screeches after each point was earned for each of the EIGHT (yes, 8) teams. This tournament was held in one school gymnasium on a regular size basketball court. Parents viewed four games at once from the stage at one end. This chaos resulted in some parents covering their ears and others straining over the ends of the stage trying to gain a better vantage point for picture taking. Do you need to guess where I was? Yep, you

bet…front bench…zoom in place!



After playing their four games, the two teams (our school is lucky enough to have many talented players) waited to see if they had made it through to the championship rounds. No such luck. So a few of us parents that drove…took the long way back to school and took the players in our care to McDonalds! Very scandalous! I just beam when I hear one of Jenny’s peers say, “wow, this is great…my mom wouldn’t do this!”






The billboard music awards was on last night…I’m still waiting for the “Mom of the year” awards show. When exactly is it, anyway? Oh, that’s right…there isn’t one. That’s why I continue to grant myself this honor whenever I deem fit!







At least once a week should be sufficient…

No comments: