Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Chocolate euphoric haze

Jenny had her first game in net on Sunday. She did extremely well!

Being a goalie is hard work, as Jenny found out...she sweated more as a goalie than a forward or defensive player!


Monday I did mundane things like housework and more housework (to catch up from the previous week end-of-term papers that were due).

Today, Tuesday, was fun, fun, fun!

My friend, Shelley, and I went out for the day. Our plans changed as the day unfurled, making our day blissfully euphoric.

You see, we had plans to catch a movie at Silver City, but never even made it close to the North end of London.

We started out at 9:30 this morning...went to the bank (don't know why really, as Shelley's VISA card was pretty warm by constant swiping by the end of the day). After the bank and post office, we went to Dollarama in London for three things on Shelley's list. Shelley came out with three BAGS. No, we didn't need a cart...I just carried the 'extra' items and knocked over things along the way with the five tubes of wrapping paper that extended across the narrow aisles of tightly packed dollar trinkets. Of course, I could not leave without adding some items of my own (you can always use extra stocking stuffer 'stuff', right?)

Our next stop was this neat Vachon cake outlet store that Shelley knew of. Vachon cake boxes for $1.65 that are coming close to expiration date. No problem...easy fix...buy, and throw in freezer...HELLOOO? Those of you that know our family, know who I was buying these for...yep, the big guy. Henry's staples in life are two fried eggs each morning for breakfast, numerous sandwiches, cookies (Sesame Street's Cookie Monster was, in fact, modeled after Henry), and Vachon cakes. For those of you that do not know our family, Henry does not look like a blimp as might be imagined after telling you of his eating habits. Henry's metabolism is off any counter I've ever seen and his cholesterol is sadly (in my view) lower than mine. Of course, keep in mind that Henry eats tons of healthy stuff too; hence why he has six pack abs...makes me sick...

Our next stop was to see my nail guy. Shelley and I both had our nails done with Christmas themes (trees for me, snowmen for Shelley). You'll have to complement me on them when you see them, as my camera could not focus on such fine details (i.e. couldn't figure out what setting to use).

We then decided to skip the movie and go to Kingsmills, as Shelley had never been there before. Awestruck, we wandered around this beautiful store for hours. Don, skip reading the rest of this paragraph. Shelley and I oohed and ahhed over all the Christmas decorations, housewares, linens, furniture (they ship to our neck of the woods), lingerie, clothes, and food. I kept my purchases to a minimum (you see, I DO listen to Henry's threats). Shelley...well, let's just say that she spent WAY more than I did! As we were at the checkout, we asked the salesladies where we should go for lunch. This is a question they must get asked quite frequently, because their response was whether we wanted to include cocktails with our meal or not? Hmmm....better not. They sent us across the street to a newly opened establishment called Bistro Chocolat (at the word Chocolat, we were heading out the door at a sprint)

Shelley and I were virtually giddy from lack of food at this point. We both agreed that it was probably not a good idea at this point to go right to the chocolate phase of our meal. We were good girls and shared a plate of 3 meats, 3 cheeses, warm buns, lovely mayonaise, and coffee (what was I thinking?). Then Shelley insisted on buying one of each chocolate confection to see what was best. Who was I to argue with my bestest friend?

The European decor of this place is fabulous...

Even the plates look as if they have been dipped in chocolate. Truffles and all other chocolate treats are made at this location. They also sell their product at the Covent Garden Market (sadly Shelley has not been there EITHER). Maybe that will be our next road trip...

By the time we left, we were in a chocolate euphoric haze that was equal to drinking vast amounts of cocktails (but a whole lot cheaper). Thanks, by the way, girlfriend for treating! My turn, next time! We were just a LITTLE wired when we left...

I wonder what other drivers thought of us on the way home? We were banging our heads to the music like the guys on "Wayne's World". Stopping for a train, we looked at each other, paused and made the same comment, "&*^%$". Ah, life is good. I had to set the cruise control on the way home.

I will have no problem staying awake tonight to watch the season finale of Amazing Race...ciao, bella!

3 comments:

megan said...

Your hubby has a six pack??? And you're complaining??

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Stay up to watch the last episode of Amazing Race? and clean the house... and do dishes... iron... vacuum... dust... I had so much freakin energy, wired for sound that Don is threatening me to go to bistro chocolat weekly just so that some stuff gets done around the house!!! Eat chocolate weekly??love that idea too bad my waist line would suffer terribly. Had a wonderful time!!! Can't wait till gillian treats!!! Hmmmmm, the bistro chocolat sells chocolate at the covent gardens !?!?!?

Gillian said...

Henry's body, I never complain about! I'm just jealous that he can stay in better shape than me!

Shelley, I am very impressed that you are commenting on the blog...way to go! Yes, that chocolate 'high' lasted a LONG time...