Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuition facts and updates

Being a recent graduate and a compulsive fact-finder, I was curious to see how times have changed when it comes to tuition increases.

I graduated from Western in London in 1990. Not surprisingly, I found that tuitions have increased over the years when comparing to todays statistics.

Stats Canada confirms that in 1990/91 I would have paid around $1464 for an undergraduate degree. Today, that degree will cost approximately $4347.

It was bad enough that I took years to pay off my University education. Worse, was that Henry was the one to pay off my education (twice, if you consider my recent endeavor). Henry's pipe dream of retiring early just flew out the window with these latest statistics!

The stats are even worse for those wanting an education in law, dentistry, architecture, or medicine! Just check out the Stats Can link for all the updates!

All of this just makes me glad that I am done and we won't have to worry about it for another five years or so. It's always good to keep up though. (our heart attack may not be quite as severe if we keep up with what to expect)

No comments: