Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Friday, September 08, 2006

Hula skirts and music...


Tonight was hockey mom night out for me and a dozen other local hockey moms. (Yes, we do make our own 'perks' as hockey moms)

We go out to dinner in Stratford and then to a play.

This year we went to Carter's on Downie, a fabulous restaurant that offered a contemporary (that means decorative) dinner in an elegant setting (good thing it was just me and not Henry and the children). It's all about appreciation, you know!

Here is our table...
All of the group...


Across the road from the restaurant is the beautiful Avon Theatre. Note to potential Avon theatre goers; seating has minimal leg room. Other than that, the production was fantastic! The sets were imaginative, colorful, and beautiful.I completely agree with a particular Stratford review, that everything about the musical was delightfully geared to the era. I especially enjoyed the costumes, scenery, and music. The male lead, Theodore Bearg's voice is particularly astounding, as well as the surrounding cast.

I took a night off from hockey (thank you, Henry), 'washed that man right out of my hair', and had my own 'enchanted evening'.

Thank you, Lucy Ann for including me with your group yet again. (Henry also thanks you, as I would have to drag him kicking and screaming to join me at the Stratford Festival).

No comments: