Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Friday, September 01, 2006

The end of the tunnel


Today is a monumental day for me.

The light at the end of the tunnel is finally here!
I crossed out of the tunnel of library studies and work placements to completion today. I just have to wait for my shiny new piece of paper to confirm that I actually did it!

Going back to school as a mature student was a daunting venture, but I selfishly wanted to 'do' something that
I would enjoy. I figured that I was always reading anyway, so WHY NOT? A two-year College program took me about three years to complete. Not bad for someone who is easily swayed to take on too much at once. I must admit, I had to say 'sorry, no' to a few people and a few projects to accomplish my objective. Sorry about that, but hey, right now it's all about ME! Thank you to those who helped support this venture (especially Henry, Michael and Jenny). Without their help...well, they wouldn't have eaten any meals!

I feel that it is quite appropriate timing (Labour Day and all) for me to be saying.
.. "No more teachers, no more books..." wait a minute, I start work on Tuesday for the school board! I guess that I am in the right place after all.
One path will open to another...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Gillian! I want to be the first commment on your blog to congratulate you on the completion of your hard work. It's nice to see that some people who need to do something for "ME" end up with something worth their while.

Gillian said...

Thanks Jim!