Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Life...

There are people that cross our path every day.

I believe we cultivate acquaintances and friendships with these people for a reason.

Ome (really Anita..., but we never ever called her by this name) was the mother of our close friend Rob. Ome was always smiling and ALWAYS happy to see you. I had to try to remember to rip my glasses off my face before she enthusiastically greeted me with a hug, otherwise, my glasses would be lovingly squashed to my face as she squeezed me tightly!

Michael and Jenny always will remember that Ome always had 'extra' boxes of Smarties in her purse for them (even though they weren't her grandchildren that she had come next door to see!) Low and behold, she even had the odd box for me (how she knew these were my favorite...I will never know!)

Ome and her zest for life and devotion to family is what I will carry with me for the rest of my life and pass on to my children and (hopefully) theirs'. There will be a huge void in Rob, Jo, Megan, Rick, Dan, and Cait as they grieve for their mother/grandmother.

I am thankful and grateful for having had the opportunity to meet and love this amazing woman. Our family will miss her.


Anita Krause (1922 - 2006)

No comments: