Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Monday, August 06, 2007

Darien Lake


If you look very carefully, you can see how Michael and I are so similar!

One of the components of our trip was Darien Lake, an amusement park that never ceases to amuse our family (hence why we keep going back each summer) Henry, Michael and Jenny go mostly for the roller coasters, mostly the Superman (I mean "Ride of Steel" as it is now called as Darien is no longer owned by six flags)
Me, I enjoy other aspects of the park...the huge ferris wheel, the water rides, the merry-go-round and the funnel cakes. Oh, and I must of course, mention wack-a-mole, my favorite carny game. Henry and I faced off against each other for the championship title.
I had him at the first mole.
(That, or Henry has learned a thing or two after sixteen years of being married to me!)
Our friend, Brenda, videotaped my victory dance. She looked quite surprised at the spectacle I made...I don't think that she had seen this side of me yet. Henry actually caught my slightly rougish streak as I bumped the crap out of our friends at bumper cars. (Who knew that I also have the family trait of sticking my tongue out when I concentrate?)

The funnel cake gods were not nice to me the first two days...can you believe they didn't have any apple or strawberry topping??? I had it all planned out, Apple on Monday...Strawberry on Tuesday, and just a sugar-coated one on Wednesday. Of course, you realize with my family, I had to make excuses to sneak off to actually have one all to myself! However, my family knows me better than I think, as they tracked me like a seasoned pro and innocently asked to share. Some days being a mother is just too much for me. Check future posts, as I will compare this episode to our puffin-watching boat tour.

No comments: