Currently in the midst of...

  • Michael = got braces this month and getting ready to start refrigeration apprenticeship
  • Jenny = school, and work, soccer and badminton
  • Gillian = work
  • Henry = busy with work

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sacrifices (weep...sob)


In every relationship, there are sacrifices.

I just want everyone to know that I am making the ULTIMATE sacrifice tomorrow by NOT going to the Def Leppard/Billy Idol concert that is in our area.

Months ago (as soon as it was posted), I asked my husband to go with me.

"Nooooooo," he said.

[Yes, I was this close to getting a single front row ticket for the concert, but actually felt the vibe radiating from Henry to be pushing the envelope just that little too far ~ so what that I've seen them more than once, and actually ditched my family and drove to North Detroit by myself to see them for the first time a few years ago!]

I tell you, the devil on my left shoulder has shoved off the angel of matrimonial harmony on my right...the push/pull of want vs. need is killing me! (We actually DO need new water pipe throughout the house now that a fourth pin-hole leak has been found in a copper 90 downstairs that has completely soaked the door jamb and carpet ~ I blame Henry for our constant run of bad luck with water ~ he is an Aquarius after all)

However, back to me for a moment...

THIS is the ultimate sacrifice and pity party for me (and I just wanted to go on record so that everyone, including Henry, is aware of it)

No comments: